Thursday, March 31, 2011

Project: Imperial Fists, chaplain v2 day 2


So the chaplain is coming along. The base colors are done and ink washes are applied. All the highlighting and detail are next. Looking at him this morning I need to gun metal the intake jets. I am really happy with the Crozius handle the red came out great.

Painting black is always a process of cleanup. I started with white primer as light under coat. I find it helps pick out details, like the grenade under his arm. Would have never seen that had I started with a black under coat.

Being mostly black I will be relying mostly on lining to do highlighting. my current technique is too use a strong light source from above and paint the places where light strike the model. The secret is use a strong light.

No comments:

Post a Comment